We would like to invite you to join TACA this year to help us do our good work in the community and continue to be the conduit of information between Council and residents.
Subscriptions are $5 for a family or $2 an individual or you can make a voluntary donation of any amount.
Please go to THIS MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT LINK, fill out the form and pay your annual subscription or else pay online to our bank account, 03-0693-0141622-00, using your Name in the particulars column and TACA Sub as the reference.
The Tasman Area Community Association (TACA) was formed in 1989. It is a volunteer organisation that aims to:
- Give the people of Tasman a collective voice for dealing with large issues
- Work with the Tasman District Council to ensure Tasman/Kina is well represented
- Improve the environment of Tasman
- Work with the community to support it in making it a better place to live and work
Here is a copy of the TACA Constitution
In the past years, TACA has been instrumental in arranging or assisting in the following:
- Beautification of the Tasman Reserve
- Implementation of the Pump Track at the Tasman Reserve and planting out a community orchard
- Assistance with Taste Tasman
- Road safety signs on Kina Beach Road
- Setting up walking tracks on Unformed Legal Roads in the area
- Working at making the old sawmill site a scenic area for the community
- Continuing to make welcome packs available for newcomers to the area
- Erecting bus shelters for school children
- Fundraising to co-fund the purchase of Baigent Reserve with TDC from Cater Holt Harvey in 2013 to ensure the reserve stays in public hands
- Regular working bees in Baigent Reserve to create a native revegetation project on the reserve on Kina Peninsula.
- Fundraising to co-fund the purchase of a BBQ with a covering shelter within Baigent Reserve
- Assistance to the Ruby Coast Initiative Trust to enable the construction of the first Aporo Gateway Sculpture at the entry point to Tasman and the Ruby Coast
As TACA is a community organisation, why not become involved, attend a meeting, help at a working bee, or join the committee.